I try to write in a clear way but then I become impatient and just start jotting.
Browse my topics here
Retrospective of the Last YearGTD
The annual reading of the can #
Meg and I toss receipts and ticket stubs into a can near the toaster all year long and this is our annual review of that can. Today we tipped the can out and cherished each memory once more.
A mixture of memories from the items: #
- Receipt from Awesome haircut in the Sedano's grocery store south of Miami. All the staff had immaculate eyebrows and great sneakers
- Mickey's Malt bottle cap rebus: "She spins me around"
- Unbearable Weight Nicolas Cage movie in fitchburg
- Seeing Mozart requiem wih jose Muniz Ricardo Herrara , Yanzel Rivera, Kitt Reuter-Foss
- Anniversary Hamlet at APT players theater: the epic rain was act VI, luckily
- Stayed in the Circle Barn for a night because we were fanatics: back to back Raisin in the Sun (great) with free Loves Labor Lost (actors picking up trash in town square). Greasemonkey character not in company stole the show as funny fellow
- Line Breaks poetry slam from the First Wave students, at University of Wisconsin Madison
- Restaurant receipts from Florida Keys, talking to waiters about how far they have to drive to get to work vs where they can afford to live
- Hospital Cafeteria receipts from two train trips to the hospital in Michigan: Rochester Ascension
- Meg's riding bib: "powering research and curing cancer" in September 25, 2022
- Found my notes scribbled behind a McDonalds receipt, from reading Richard Powers' Bewilderment: "I'm shouting and crying as I read this book."
- Seat holder from Tolstoy Great Comet of 1812
- Parking receipt from the Cup finale (Argentina - France 2-2?)