I try to write in a clear way but then I become impatient and just start jotting.
Browse my topics here
This is an Eleventy project created from the
Notes on using Eleventytroubleshooting
Error: "TemplateLayoutPathResolver directory does not exist" #
This went away when I moved my working directory one level higher; a bit embarrassed.
In the future, might consider these also:
- Read the comment in the Eleventy issues: https://github.com/11ty/eleventy/issues/1642
- DEBUG=Eleventy* npx @11ty/eleventy at the command line was interesting, though not useful
- there are other compile commands, similar to 'npm dev' I think
Error: Output conflict, Multiple input files are writing to... #
Problem writing Eleventy templates: (more in DEBUG output)
Output conflict: multiple input files are writing to
_site/tags/getting-things-done/index.html. Use distinct
permalinkvalues to resolve this conflict.
DuplicatePermalinkOutputError was thrown:
This was due to some missing formatting OR redundant labeling in the header.
The solution was to copy and paste a well formatted header from elsewhere and just edit that.
Git commands that were useful during blog editing #
- git reset is specifically about updating the index, moving the HEAD.
- git checkout is about updating the working tree (to the index or the specified tree). It will update the HEAD only if you checkout a branch (if not, you end up with a detached HEAD) -- (actually, with Git 2.23 Q3 2019, this will be git restore, not necessarily git checkout)
- By comparison, since svn has no index, only a working tree, svn checkout will copy a given revision on a separate directory.
- Next: Retrospective of the Last Year
- Previous: Using Google Ads and Matomo